All visits: 6260836
Unique visits: 6045863





 

 

 


Chapel

Built in 1903-1909, this chapel was designed after the royal chapel of the Versailles - with its stuccoworks, the colonnade, the altar and the organ front copied from the model. The interior's decor was designed by a Warsaw architect Jan Heurich (the Younger). The presbytery has a stained-glass window featuring the Annunciation scene; the other such windows have a geometric decoration and the Zamoyski's coat-of-arms. The altar is ornamented with bronzes (statues of angels, little putti heads and vegetal motifs; the antepedium displays a representation of the Deposition in the Grave), cast by Le Val d'Osne of France.
The organ, built in 1907 by E. F. Walcker of Ludwigsburg, Germany, is equipped with a mechanism capable of operating an organola. You will also come across a copy of the tombstone of Zofia Zamoyska, nee Czartoryska, carved in white marble (the original tombstone, a work by Lorenzo Bartolini, is in the Santa Croce church in Florence).
2002 saw completion of the chapel's interior restoration project for which the Zamoyski Muzeum of Kozłówka was awarded the Monument Restorer's Laurel.
The coupling section between the palace and the chapel feature a bust and a dedication plaque commemorating the figure of Primate Stefan Wyszyński - both having been made thanks to benevolence and generosity of a number of Benefactors.
On June 9, 2000, the Zamoyski Museum in Kozłówka was the scene of a solemn unveiling of the bust and the plaque to the memory of Primate Wyszyński and his stay in Kozłówka during the Nazi occupation.
Some 560 people took part in the ceremony. The Lublin Archbishop Józef Życiński exercised Honorary Patronage over the event.
Between August 1, 1940 and early September 1941, the Rev. Stefan Wyszyński who was hiding from the Germans stayed at the Kozłówka estate on invitation of Aleksander and Jadwiga Zamoyski, as a chaplain to the Franciscan Nuns of the Institute for the Blind of Laski near Warsaw, who together with a group of their wards found a hiding place there as well. The lectures the Rev. S. Wyszyński delivered to the nuns and the discussions attended by other guests taking hide with the Zamoyskis were referred to as the 'Kozłówka Academy'. Exercising his pastoral ministry, Wyszyński celebrated holy masses and other services at Kozłówka and in other nearby localities. Beside that, he was involved in secret teaching activities.